We recognise the importance of acknowledging those organisations that achieve high standards of social responsibility and player protection. We so believe that it's important that players can identify companies that operate to these high standards. GamCare Certification is awarded to both remote and terrestrial gambling companies that have successfully implemented player protection policy and practice relevant to their platform and gambling service.
To successfully implement the GamCare Code of Practice the following areas need to be addressed:
Requirements of Certification
- Age Verification – System to verify age and ID of customers must be implemented
- Advertising and Promotion – Socially responsible standards need to be followed
- Customer Led Functionality – Tools should be available that will allow the customer to set limits for spend and where applicable time per session
- Self-exclusion – The ability for a customer to self-exclude from a site must be available
- Responsible Gambling Content – Information regarding responsible gambling and sources of help must be available within the site
- Reality Checks – Gaming screens should contain suitable information on currency and display of time
- Account Controls – Suitable policies and mechanisms must be in place that address multiple card or account usage
- Free Play – Suitable controls need to be in place when accessing free play games
- Training – Customer services staff should be trained on issues regarding social responsibility and problem gambling
Conditions of Certification
In order to be awarded with GamCare Certification the following conditions are to be met:
- Satisfactory achievement of GamCare Player Protection requirements will be decided through the social responsibility review.
- Certification is renewed following annual review carried out by GamCare Trade Services Ltd (GTS)
- Certification will only apply to the platform audited within the review
- Major site changes or game developments should be developed within the principles of the code of practice.
- GamCare should be informed of any such changes
- GamCare have the right to withdraw certification should breaches of the code of practice occur GamCare has the right to withdraw certification in cases where breach of regulation is discovered
- Display of GamCare Certification logo and content must be in accordance with GamCare guidance
For more information please contact Stella Dalton Tel: +44 (0)20 7801 7022 firstname.lastname@example.org
Use of the GamCare Certification logo is reserved for those companies who have satisfied us with regard to their player protection measures and its use is strictly controlled.